All about the environment in getting your kids to school everyday, taking the time to translate events around the city to my kids commuter dad: Dewa Ruci <META content='All about the environment in getting your kids to school everyday. As a father, parent, mentor, and friend to my children. Of taking the time to become a translator of events around the city to my kids, pointing out the ways of the road, road safety in the Philippines.' name='description'></META> <META content='Parent, parenting, father, child, children, kids, road, road safety, Philippines' name='keywords'></META>

Search the web here

Custom Search

25 May 2009

Dewa Ruci


It's more than a year since I went to Bali courtesy of the training team in Singosari (many thanks). The visit to Bali, though short, was memorable. Most of the memories were captured in my phone camera and it's about a hundred or so pictures in all. Standing out among the pictures I have is a nice pic taken by my Vietnamese friend Mr. Tung of the statue of Dewaruci in a circle road near Carrefour. The statue is so huge that you feel looking at a snapshot from an on-going battle.

I tried to understand what the statue is depicting. I learned that Bima is battling with a dragon. Clad in the Balinese black and white checkered cloth.

Whew! Truly breath taking. Thank God the clouds decided not to get in the way of the picture. The sun was up and the sky blue. The bus stood still for a while, just enough time for Tung to take this picture. Enjoy it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online